Sunday, August 14, 2016

Best of the Best: Leonardo da Vinci

Here's my second, longer video on Leonardo da Vinci that goes into more depth on what I believe to be his 5 best artworks. Watch and then let me know if you agree! What would you choose instead? 

For notebooking pages that accompany the "Best of the Best: Leonardo da Vinci" video, click HERE.

But that doesn't have to be the end!
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

If your learning about Leonardo da Vinci isn't finished yet either, I've compiled lists of places you and your kids can go to read or watch more.

More biographical info:
-For elementary age kids try here
-For focus on his scientific interests try here
-53 interesting facts here

For a whole unit worth of at-home study and activities, "Leonardo da Vinci for kids: His Life and Ideas" is awesome. Buy it here.

For reading about Leonardo in the news:
-Scientists Reveal Cause of Red Spots Ruining Leonardo Da Vinci's Self-Portrait
-Lost Leonardo Da Vinci Painting Found in the Swiss Bank Vault
-An Art World Mystery Worth of Leonardo

Videos to watch:
-Animation about Leonardo and his flying machine
-10 Worst things to happen to the Mona Lisa
-Interested in how science helps solve art mysteries? Watch here
-If you read "The Da Vinci Code" and have some time, watch this documentary to learn the truth

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh.... Alisha, you're a genius! This is so needed and I am thrilled! I am totally sharing this with the homeschool moms in my County, and Portland. Love, love, love the packet! Excited to check out the resources too. You're awesome! Thank you, thank you! Totally going to use this for homeschooling my kids. I only just saw a clip of the video... But it looks fabulous. I'll give you more feedback when I have a chance to look through and get everything in detail. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh.... Alisha, you're a genius! This is so needed and I am thrilled! I am totally sharing this with the homeschool moms in my County, and Portland. Love, love, love the packet! Excited to check out the resources too. You're awesome! Thank you, thank you! Totally going to use this for homeschooling my kids. I only just saw a clip of the video... But it looks fabulous. I'll give you more feedback when I have a chance to look through and get everything in detail. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete